Monday, October 5, 2009

First and last time in my life.

This is something I have done and it thought me a very good lesson. A lesson that I have learned and will never forget. Ever wonder why teacher always say, don’t copy during exam, no discussion, just do your best and be honest to yourself. After all these years, I finally understand. It’s not the person who copy who feel the guilt but also the person who choose to tell out or let others copy especially when the answer you was so sure was right, was actually wrong.
Well, that day during exam, I did something that I never did before. Never once it happened in my life all these years in my studies. I also don’t understand why I did it but it’s an action that I have done and I regret doing it. That time we are facing an exam, an exam for a course that I have attend for almost 7 weeks but I hardly master any of it. That time, I sit beside my friend. When we open the test paper and see the question, I was just normal, maybe it’s because I know I can write something on it and it’s not that hard as it seems. As least I won’t submit a blank paper after attend 6 lectures. The paper just got three questions, and my friend asked my view on the last question. Last question hold half from the total mark. A very heavy question. I saw her scribble something but I can’t see it clearly. I saw her confused look and wish to help her. I guess I know the answer and I just got the confidence that the answer is a right one. I take a pencil from her pencil box and write down the answer on my paper. Clear and big enough for her to see. Everything happened very smooth and she understand the meaning of why I take a pencil from her pencil box and write down on my answer paper. All this happened without a single sound. She thinks for a while and later she chooses to follow my answer. Before I done this, I was just battling with myself to tell her or not. It never flash in my mind that my answer would be wrong.
She finish early and she submit the paper first. When she checked back, she told me the answer that she thought and scribble is the right answer. My answer was totally wrong. Oh my god. What have I done. Ten mark just flew away. How am I going to repay this mistake I have done. She didn’t ask me for an answer, I’m the one who are so busybody give it to her and worse the answer was a wrong one. Haiz….. if only the moral that I learn all the years win on that battle, I wouldn’t have guilty feeling now. What to do now. Serious speaking, this is the first time I did something that I know I shouldn’t done all in my life and the lesson that I have learned was enough to teach me that there will never be a next time ever again.
From this incident, I finally understand why teacher always say the same things during exam that is no cheating and many-many more. Most important is don’t help in cheating. If only I abide the rules and follow advice, I will not have this guilty feelings. I feel very scared to get the result for this course. I don’t know how to face her. I did say sorry to her and she says its ok. But the guilty feeling just didn’t go away with just a words of sorry. From here I also learned that eventhough two person learned the same things, it does not guarantee both have the same thinking. This is because when I wrote down the answer, I try to kaitkan and in my answer paper, I got write down some of the correct answer indirectly. I finally understand that one person key word not necessary be the same with another person. I used that as key word but my friend use another instead…. Haiz.. a big lesson learned in life.

No comments: